Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Today I declare war

No, I'm not attacking another person or group of people. Today I begin my war on a kingdom. Today I stop being part of a company and advance to the front lines. Today, I move to attack in a way that hurts and drive out any enemies from my own camp. Today, I declare war on evil, on demonic spirits, and on Satan himself.

This may sound hokey to some. I don't care. There is a kingdom of light and a kingdom of darkness and while some don't want to believe it, this kingdom of darkness is where lack comes from. This kingdom of darkness is where depression comes from. This kingdom of darkness is where sickness comes from.

Today I claim my right as a child of God and come boldly before his throne. Today I drive out and demonic influence in my home and declare that it must leave and never come back. Tonight, this night, this very night, sleepness nights will end and be banished forever. Tonight, temptations to sin in ANY way have no place in my home. Tonight my home becomes a home of peace, rest, and unity.

One thing about going to war is that you have to have weapons to fight with. Tonight, I begin building my arsenal finding out who I am in Christ. With this arsenal, I can fight the common cold, depression, lack of finances, disunity, and every other evil thing that comes into this life because I am a child of God. This is NOT because of who I am or what I have done but because of what Christ has done in me.

What is making me sad here is that I have taken so long to declare this war. I have had the tools available to me for 8 years now and am only now fully taking advantage of them. I have gone to a good church where this is taught and been saved for seven years now and thus far have only done baby stuff feeding off of the sincere milk of the word.

It is now time for me to grow up and begin to feed on the meat that is available to me. It is time for me to go from being a follower who is being coddled and protected to being a leader who is available to attack and defend. The fire has been lit in my life and will continue to be fed through daily bible reading and prayer and confession of God's word and church. I will continue forward and I will not look back.

1 comment:

  1. COME ON DEREK, MY BROTHER IN CHRIST! GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN YOU THAN he THAT IS IN THE WORLD!!! THAT'S IT, DON'T LIE DOWN AND GET RUN OVER, BUT GO ON THE OFFENSIVE AND RUN AFTER GOD AND INTO HIS PERFECT WILL AND PLAN FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!!! WOHOO!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete